Congratulations you are officially a KCKCC Blue Devil! Check the email you entered on your application for an email from KCKCC that has your student ID number. Then visit https://www.kckcc.edu/technology/technology-tips.html for instructions for everything from creating your Self Service password to printing a document on one of our campus locations!
Below is a link to the Learning Commons Instructional Guide. This will give viewers quick instructions on how to change their password, print to a copier, or access Blackboard, along with other useful tips.
Searching in the Library Catalog
1. Go to the KCKCC website
2. Click the Quick Links button at the top-right corner of the page.
3. Select Blackboard
4. Login with your email address as your User ID, and use the password you had setup in WebAdvisor.
After enrolling in a course, you will have access to your Blackboard course on the first day of classes.
The following guides can walk you through navigating specific parts of Blackboard. Simply click on the links below for how-to guides pertaining to Blackboard!
1. Go to the KCKCC Bookstore webpage
2. Hover your mouse over the Textbooks tab on the top left corner of the page.
3. Select Textbook Ordering.
4. Read the disclaimer and click the link, “I have read and understand the above statement.”
5. Provide the following information:
a. Click the plus sign on the upper left to choose "Add Another Course."
b. Click the blue drop-down arrow in the upper left-hand corner to choose the Term/Semester you are enrolled in.
c. In the Department box, select the department of the course you’re enrolled in. Refer to your class schedule or enrollment and locate the four abbreviated letters for the department.
d. In the Course and Section box, choose your course and section listed with your instructor’s name.
6. Repeat the above instructions to add further courses and instructors.
7. When all courses have been entered, click the blue arrow at the lower right-hand of the page, "View Your Materials."
8. You can choose to purchase these books from the KCKCC Bookstore by clicking "Continue Checkout" or choose "Print Book List" to have a reference list.
For help over the phone for Blackboard assistance, contact the Online Education Services Helpdesk at
913-288-7479 Option #1.
More information or help can be found here or follow the steps in this how-to video.
KCKCC STUDENT E-MAIL
To Determine Your Email Address
1. FIRST Initial of your FIRST NAME
2. FIRST 4 letters of your LAST NAME
3. LAST 4 DIGITS of your Student ID NUMBER
followed by @students.kckcc.edu
Example: Bruce Banner ID# 1234567
How to Find Your Student Drive
1. Open the “File Explorer” folder
2. Click on the arrow beside “This PC”
3. Look for the "H" drive
4. Your student drive will be displayed with your Student ID number. The format for the drive will appear as \\Zephyr\Personal\123456789
Watch this helpful video for step-by-step instructions for saving a document to your student drive.
How to Scan Documents to a Thumb Drive
If more than one page repeat steps 3 through 10
How to Scan a Document to Your Email