WebAdvisor is used to obtain, change and reset your password for logging into all the platforms available in KCKCC.
1. To get your password access WebAdvisor and click on the “New to WebAdvisor” Link.
2. This will initiate a process in which you need to provide your “Last Name” and “SSN”.
3. After submitting this form your “User ID” will be displayed.
4. You will then select an outside email address that you have provided KCKCC which will be used to send you a temporary password. The email should arrive promptly. If you do not see it in your in-box check your spam folder.
5. Once you receive your temporary password use that along with your “User ID” to login to WebAdvisor.
6. Upon logging in to WebAdvisor you will be prompted to change this temporary password to your permanent password.
You will be using this password to login to Blackboard, email, MyDotte, and other platforms in KCKCC.
PDF Guide: WebAdvisor Student Guide
Video walkthrough guide: Establishing a User ID and Password
Interactive Guide: Establishing a User ID and Password
For assistance with WebAdvisor over the phone, contact:
Information Services Helpdesk at 913-288-7479 Option #2.
1. Go to the KCKCC website
2. Click the Quick Links button at the top-right corner of the page.
3. Select Blackboard
4. Login with your email address as your User ID, and use the password you had setup in WebAdvisor.
After enrolling in a course, you will have access to your Blackboard course on the first day of classes.
The following guides can walk you through navigating specific parts of Blackboard. Simply click on the links below for how-to guides pertaining to Blackboard!
1. Go to the KCKCC Bookstore webpage
2. Hover your mouse over the Textbooks tab on the top left corner of the page.
3. Select Textbook Ordering.
4. Read the disclaimer and click the link, “I have read and understand the above statement”.
5. Provide the following information:
a. In the Term box, select the term you are enrolled in.
b. In the Department box, select the department of the course you’re enrolled in. Refer to your class schedule or enrollment and locate the four abbreviated letters for the department.
c. In the Course and Section box, choose your course and section listed with your instructor’s name.
6. Click the blue Add Selection button.
7. Click the blue Get Course Materials button.
8. You can choose to purchase these books from the KCKCC Bookstore or choose Print Book List to have a reference list.
For help over the phone for Blackboard assistance, contact the Online Education Services Helpdesk at
913-288-7479 Option #1.
More information or help can be found here or follow the steps in this how-to video.
How to Find Your Student Drive
1. Open the “File Explorer” folder
2. Click on “This PC”
3. Your student drive will be displayed with your student ID number. It will appear as \\Zephyr\Personal\123456789
Watch this helpful video for step-by-step instructions.
How To Scan Documents to Thumb Drive How to Scan a Document to Your Email
If more than one page repeat steps 3 through 10
1. Visit our Library Services Page
2. Contact Library Services at firstname.lastname@example.org OR
3. Use our live chat feature to speak with someone that can help you!
4. Answer a few quick questions and you'll be on your way with a new card in 10 minutes or less!